Thursday, July 12, 2007

on the way home...

Today on the way home , I was witness to an accident. I was driving home from work in Salt Lake today and when I was stopped at an intersection waiting for my turn to move, a guy in a motorcycle going the opposite direction from me went through the light and was hit by another vehicle. The motorist was thrown forward from his bike and was run over by another vehicle and was essentially had his torso 80% separated from his lower body. I turned into the gas station that was nearest the intersection, ran out of my car and headed over to the injured motorist. I am certified in essential life care and first aid. I knew that I had a responsibility to help this man.

When I reached him, I could tell that he had passed away. Even if I could help him, there was not enough of his chest and mid-section for me to even perform CPR until the ambulance could arrive. Myself and other onlookers surveyed the scene until emergency reps arrived and removed the man. He was in his early twenties. I give my love and sorrows to his loved ones. Life is so short, and so precious. I am very lucky to have JD, my brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, mothers, father, and friends that continue my growing and supportive family. Live your life to the truest of who you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris!!! Are you okay? Clearly, no you would not be. You have the worst luck of anyone I know. You should never drive again. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, man. Makes me think of Ian on his scooter...
Eesh.