Friday, July 6, 2007

More then meets the eye..


On July 4th , JD and I were witness to the Transformers. I loved, loved it. It might tie with Superman Returns as my favorite movie of all. As a 31 year old male, I was the at the perfect age when Transformers came out originally. For birthdays and christmas I would always recieve the "good" guys and my brother Mark would always get the "bad" guys. I knew that it was my mothers way of forcing my brother and I to play together.


I am very glad that she did, it was something that my bro and I were able to share as children that crossed over into our adulthood. We are to this day always making comments to each other about our chosen transformers sides.


I will text him "Decepticons drool, Autobots Rule" or even "Too bad us Autobots are kicking your Decepticons ass and taking names" he will of course make a comeback that applies. I love that even how different my brother and I are, that we still can have a connection about a passion that we both have for transformers.


I also love that I can still enjoy aspects of my youth as an adult, too often I am reminded how rough and cruel this world can be. With the war, struggles with gay equality and the problems of our goverment, I can go to a movie that takes me away from all that for a while. That I can let myself be taken by the memories of a time when the battle for good and evil were played out with plastic robots and the imagination of two young boys.

No comments: